A. R. (Rey) Almodóvar, P.E.
Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
A.R. (Rey) Almodóvar, P.E., a native of Guaynabo, Puerto Rico is co-founder, and Chief Executive Officer of INTUITIVE. Mr. Almodòvar was a key element in the success and growth that INTUITVE has achieved since its inception in 1999.
Mr. Almodòvar is a licensed professional engineer (P.E.) and holds a B.S. in Industrial Engineering – University of Puerto Rico, M.S. in Engineering – University of Arkansas and M.S. in Business Administration – Texas A&M University.
Mr. Almodóvar’s career began in 1984 and included assignments as a U.S. Army civilian providing technical, production and programmatic support to weapon systems such as the Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS), the PATRIOT Advanced Capability – 3 (PAC-3) and the Terminal High Altitude Air Defense (THAAD) missile systems among others. Mr. Almodóvar has seen his career flourish as he provides a foundation for success based on 32 years of extensive experience in the aerospace and defense industry. Through his guidance and expertise, INTUITIVE has become renowned as a leader in industrial and mechanical systems, electrical engineering, business management, systems analysis, and programmatic support. INTUITIVE’s rapid growth rate, financial stability, and ability to retain top-notch professionals are a direct result of the principles instilled by Mr. Almodóvar and his dedication to a performance driven organization.
Mr. Almodóvar is a mentor of the youth and active in the Huntsville community. He serves on the board of directors of the National Children Advocacy Center (NCAC), the Huntsville Hospital Foundation and he is a member of the Huntsville Committee of 100. Since 2000, he has served in the Chamber of Commerce of Huntsville/ Madison in a variety of leadership roles until 2015 when he became the Chairman of the Board of Directors. He is also Vice Chair of the School of Engineering Advisory Board of his Alma Mater, The University of Puerto Rico. Mr. Almodóvar actively supports charitable organizations such as the American Heart Association, American Red Cross and the Botanical Gardens. He also supports local schools and young professionals through incentive programs and volunteering.
Some of Mr. Almodóvar’s achievements include:
- 2005: Recipient of the U.S. Small Business Administration Minority Small Business Person of the Year for District VI
- 2005: Received the prestigious HENAAC award as National Hispanic Engineer Entrepreneur of the Year
- 2008: Recognized as one of the Top 100 Latino Entrepreneur in the U.S.A. by Hispanic Enterprise Magazine
- 2010: Received the Business Fellows Award, University of Alabama in Huntsville
- 2010: Received the Russell Brown Executive of the Year Award presented by the Huntsville/Madison County Chamber of Commerce
- 2015: Recipient of the MG John B. Medaris Award for Defense Preparedness. Highest recognition bestowed by the Tennessee Valley Chapter of the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA)